Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 6 tablespoons EVOO
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 eggplant (1 lb.), trimmed and cut into 12 round slices (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 pound skinless cod fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil
- Preheat the broiler. In a skillet, heat 3 tbsp. EVOO over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes; using a slotted spoon, transfer to a small bowl. Add the tomatoes to the pan; season with salt and pepper. Cook, undisturbed, until tender on one side, about 5 minutes. Stir and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; transfer the eggplant to the baking sheet in a single layer. Brush the eggplant on both sides with the remaining 3 tbsp. EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Broil, turning once, until tender and browned, about 8 minutes.
- On the baking sheet, divide the eggplant into 4 portions. Spoon the tomatoes on top and cover with the cod. Broil until the fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Using a wide spatula, transfer to plates. Top with the basil and garlic.
- ... a bed of couscous. Season cooked israeli couscous with olive oil and salt. Serve with the cod.