Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 boneless turkey breast (2 1/2 lbs), sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk, shaken
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 large head garlic (about 10 cloves), smashed and peeled
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium dutch oven or other heavy pot, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the turkey (in batches if necessary) and cook, turning, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add the coconut milk, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer, turning the turkey halfway through, until the turkey is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the turkey to a plate.
- Boil the sauce until reduced to 2 cups, 8 minutes. Discard the bay leaves. Stir in the spinach to wilt in the sauce for 1 minute.
- Return the turkey to the sauce to warm through. Serve with the rice.