- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 pound mango, thawed and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 6 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a small bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place the coconut in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut. Press to coat.
In large, ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Serve the chicken with the mango salsa.