Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 3 mins
- 7 cups restaurant-style round corn chips (about 4 oz.)
- 1 8 ouncepackage shredded mexican cheese blend
- 3/4cup tomato salsa
- 1/2cup pickled jalapeno chiles, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped fresh jalapeno chile
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 cup stemmed and chopped cilantro
- Position a rack in the top shelf of the oven and preheat to broil. Arrange the corn chips on a large, heatproof platter in a single layer to overlap slightly. Sprinkle the cheese over the chips, then dot evenly with the salsa, pickled jalapenos and fresh jalapeno.
- Broil until the cheese is bubbling, 3 minutes. Remove the platter from the oven, dollop with the sour cream and sprinkle with one-third each scallions and cilantro. Serve the remaining scallions and cilantro in small bowls alongside.
- To prevent soggy nachos, follow this mantra: Cheese comes first! Sprinkle a layer of the shredded stuff over the chips before topping with the other ingredients, then broil until melted.