- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, plus 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup EVOO, plus more for greasing
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Cut a parchment round to line a 9-inch springform pan, grease parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice and orange juice.
In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs and granulated sugar at high speed until fluffy and pale, about 5 minutes. Lower the speed to medium-high; drizzle in 2/3 cup EVOO, beating until the oil is incorporated, then mix in the lemon zest and orange zest. Lower the speed to low. Add half the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Add the buttermilk mixture, then the remaining flour mixture, mixing just until blended. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 20 minutes, then remove the pan sides and let cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.