Makes: 8 servings
- 1/2teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 8 inch chocolate graham cracker pie shell
- 2 peppermint patties, chopped
- 1/3cup crushed peppermint candies, plus more for sprinkling
- In measuring cup, sprinkle gelatin over 2 tbsp. cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Place chocolate in bowl. In saucepan, simmer 1 cup cream; pour over chocolate. Microwave gelatin mixture for 20 seconds. Add to chocolate mixture. Let stand 5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Refrigerate 2 hours. Whip until barely stiff, 3 minutes. Spoon and spread into pie shell. Sprinkle with peppermint patties; refrigerate at least 2 hours. In bowl, mix remaining 1 cup cream with 1/3 cup crushed candies; refrigerate, whisking occasionally. Whip until stiff but not dry, 3 minutes. Spread over filling. Top with more crushed candies.