Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. jarred tomatillo salsa
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups salted tortilla chips, ground in a food processor
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- In a large bowl, using your hands, combine the beef, 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Form the mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Coat in the tortilla chips, patting to adhere.
- In a large, dry nonstick skillet, cook the patties over medium-low heat, turning once, until the chips are toasted and the meat is cooked to medium doneness, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocado, EVOO and the remaining 2 tbsp. salsa; season with salt and pepper. Top the patties with the tomato-avocado salad.
- ...sandwich rolls. Split 4 rolls in half; stuff with the patties and avocado salad.