- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large apple (8 oz.), such as gala or cortland, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (2 oz.) large green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 box (5.8 oz.) garlic and olive oil couscous
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
In a large skillet, melt the butter in the EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook, turning once, until golden-brown and just firm to the touch, 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
Add the apple, raisins and cinnamon to the skillet with 1/3 cup water and scrape up the browned bits; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat until the apple is tender, about 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into chunks and stir into the mixture with any chicken juices. Stir in the olives and remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to package directions. Spoon onto plates, top with the chicken mixture and serve with the lemon.