Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 45 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 cup panko
- Boil beans in a pot of salted water, 2 minutes. Drain; run under cold water.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high. Add chicken; season and cook, turning once, 8 minutes. transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp. EVOO and mushrooms to skillet; cook over medium-high, 4 minutes. Add shallots, garlic and thyme; stir 2 minutes. Add wine; simmer until evaporated. Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine. Stir in half-and-half; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, stirring, until sauce thickens, 2 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . Stir beans and chicken into sauce. Season; transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish.
- Toss cheese with panko and 1 tbsp. EVOO; sprinkle over casserole. Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.