Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 8 ounces mozzarella, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . In a skillet, cook the onion in 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium, 3 minutes; transfer one-third to a plate. Add the broccoli and 1/2 cup water; cook 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. In the same skillet, cook the chicken in 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until browned, 4 minutes. Transfer to the bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. EVOO. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Stretch each into an 8-by-4-inch oval and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Spoon one-quarter of the chicken mixture down the center of each, then top with remaining cheese. Fold one long side over the filling and fold in the ends; roll into a log. Transfer to the baking sheet, seam side down. Brush each with the remaining EVOO and cut 2 diagonal slits in the top. Bake until golden, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the skillet, cook tomatoes and reserved onion over medium, 5 minutes. Season; serve over stromboli.