This one-dish wonder features moist, tender chicken breasts covered with melted Cheddar cheese, sitting on a bed of creamy rice and vegetables - it just doesn't get any better!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 50 mins
Stand: 10 mins
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces mixed vegetables
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Top with the chicken. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with the cheese. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a Caesar salad. For dessert serve frozen Italian-style water ice or gelati.
- Substitute broccoli flowerets for the vegetables and substitute 1/4 cup grated Parmesan for the Cheddar cheese. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese with the soup. Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Use Campbell's® 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup instead of regular soup and use low fat cheese instead of regular cheese.
- In place of the onion powder and black pepper use 1 teaspoon chili powder. Substitute Mexican cheese blend for the Cheddar.
- In place of the onion powder and black pepper use 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed. Substitute 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan for the Cheddar.