Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 9 ounce packages (or 1-20oz package) frozen cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 8 ounce package sliced white mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- EVOO, for drizzling
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the ravioli according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Stir in the breadcrumbs and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toast until golden, 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the skillet.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. butter and melt. Add the mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender and browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach in handfuls, tossing to wilt.
- Add the reserved pasta water and the ravioli to the mushrooms and spinach. Stir in the remaining 1 tbsp. butter; toss.
- To serve, top the ravioli with the breadcrumbs. Drizzle with EVOO.