Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 cup hard apple cider
- 1 pound cheddar cheese (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Sliced pears
- Sliced apples
- Rub the inside of a heavy pot or dutch oven with the cut side of the garlic. Add the hard apple cider and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a bowl, toss the cheese with the cornstarch. Working in 3 batches, gradually stir the cheese mixture into the hard apple cider until melted. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is gently bubbling, about 2 minutes; season.
- Serve immediately from the dutch oven or transfer to a fondue pot. Top with grated nutmeg to taste. Serve with sliced pears and apples.