Makes: 4 servings
- 7 cups restaurant-style round corn chips (about 4 oz)
- 1 8 ounce package cotija cheese
- 3/4 cup homemade chipotle sauce
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup black beans
- Cilantro, for garnishing
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- Lime zest
- To make chipotle sauce, blend garlic cloves, vegetable oil, chipotle in adobo sauce and lime zest; season with salt to taste.
- Position a rack in the top shelf of the oven and preheat to broil. Arrange the corn chips on a large, heatproof platter in a single layer to overlap slightly. Sprinkle the cheese over the chips, then dot evenly with the chipotle sauce, pickled jalapenos and fresh jalapeno.
- Broil until the cheese is bubbling, 3 minutes. Remove the platter from the oven, top with pico de gallo, avocado, black beans and cilantro.