Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced (3 tbsp juice)
- 3/4cup EVOO
- 3 tablespoons grated manchego cheese
- 5 romaine hearts, halved crosswise and leaves separated
- salt and pepper
- 1/2cup salted, roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- In a food processor, chop the garlic 1 clove at a time. Add the anchovies, yolk, mustard and zest; process to a paste. With the machine on, drizzle in the EVOO until dressing thickens. Add the cheese and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the dressing; season. Top with the pepitas.
- Swap in a simple raw salad in place of a second cooked vegetable side dish. This fresh side adds color and crunch to the plate and comes together in a snap.