- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 empire apples
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped
- 3 ounces manchego cheese, shaved
Using a food processor fitted with a slicing attachment, thinly slice the brussels sprouts.
Core and coarsely chop the apples. In a bowl, toss the apples with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate. Add the garlic to the remaining fat in the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in the mustard, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, apples, pecans and cheese. Toss with the bacon and warm vinaigrette.