Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 1/2tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/4pounds red plums, chopped (6 plums)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 1/2tablespoons julienned candied ginger
- vanilla or pistachio ice cream, for serving
- In a large nonreactive saucepan fitted with a lid, heat the coconut oil over high heat. Add the plums and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the coconut milk to combine.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 3 minutes or until the skin of the plums starts to break down. Transfer to a large serving bowl and let cool completely.
- Top with the candied ginger. Serve over the ice cream.
HIT THE HEAT:
COVER AND SIMMER:
FINISH THE DISH: