Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 10 ounces mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 6 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms; toss to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 7 minutes. Add the onion and cook 1 minute. Toss in the parsley; season.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add the polenta and cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the gorgonzola; season.
- Divide the polenta among four bowls. Top with the mushrooms and watercress; drizzle with some EVOO.