- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 pound pancetta or bacon, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into a large dice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound rigatoni, cooked until al dente
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 bunch arugula (about 2 cups), tough stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels and coarsely chop.
In a medium saucepan, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked rigatoni with the sauce. Add the pancetta, basil and arugula; toss. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the cheese.