- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Lightly grease a muffin pan. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and 3/4 cup granulated sugar until pale, about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons cream, the vanilla and the salt and mix until combined, scraping as necessary. Beat in the flour until incorporated. Using a spatula, gently stir in the berries.
Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, about three-quarters full. Top each cake with a few berries and sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar over the cakes. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in the pan, then run a knife around the edges and remove.
In a small bowl, whip the remaining 1 cup cream with the confectioners' sugar and cinnamon until soft peaks form. Serve with the cakes.