Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 50 mins
- 3 3/4 pounds chicken parts (2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks and 2 wings)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pale aie, such as Sam Adams
- 2 tablespoons mild grainy mustard
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed and drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp. salt. In a large, ovenproof skillet fitted with a lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 15 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the onion to the pan and cook until the edges are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the beer and mustard, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, cover and transfer to the oven. Cook, turning once, until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest parts registers 160 degrees and the sauce begins to thicken, about 25 minutes (as shown above).
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a deep serving dish. Place the skillet over high heat and add the peas. Cook until the peas are tender but still green and the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce and peas over the chicken. Serve immediately.
HIT THE HEAT:
COVER AND SIMMER:
FINISH THE DISH: