Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 pound top-round steak (1 inch thick), cut into 24 cubes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 12 ounces fresh tomatillos, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large avocado, finely chopped
- 1 lime, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large poblano pepper-stemmed, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- Corn tortillas, for serving
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the steak, chili powder and 1 tbsp. of the EVOO. In another medium bowl, toss together the tomatillos, avocado and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Thread steak, poblano and onion onto 4 skewers. Brush with remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning frequently, until the steak is cooked and the onion and pepper are browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Grill tortillas, turning frequently, until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve skewers with tortillas, tomatillo relish and lime wedges.