- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large russet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound assorted sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound lean ground beef, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- Snipped chives, for garnish
Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork and microwave on high until cooked through, about 9 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder and 1/4 cup water and boil to reduce the liquid by half, about 2 minutes; stir in the heavy cream and remove from the heat.
In a medium saucepan, brown the ground beef over high heat, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the mushroom mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Slice one-third off the top of each potato and chop the tops. Using a spoon, hollow out each potato, leaving a thick wall. In a microwavable bowl, mash together the chopped potato, potato centers and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper and reheat in the microwave.
Return the beef and mushroom mixture to a simmer. Stuff the hollowed potatoes with the beef mixture and top with chives. Serve with the mashed potatoes.