Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins to
Bake: 40 mins to
- 1 14 ouncebag coleslaw mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/2pounds chicken thighs
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 8 sandwich rolls
- 1 10 ouncebag potato chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a large bowl, toss the coleslaw mix with 1/2 tsp. salt; set aside.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Bake, turning once, for 40 minutes.
- In a dutch oven, combine 1 cup vinegar, 3 tbsp. brown sugar, the ketchup, crushed pepper, allspice and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, shred the meat and skin from the chicken bones; add to the sauce and stir in 1/4 cup water. Cook to blend the flavors, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining 1 tbsp. brown sugar with the remaining 2 tbsp. vinegar; drizzle onto the slaw. Stir in the EVOO; toss to coat.
- Divide the chicken among the rolls; top with some slaw. Serve with the chips and extra slaw on the side