Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) barolo or zinfandel
- 1 1/4 cups pure olive oil, not extra-virgin
- 1 4.2 ounce jar anchovy fillets in oil, drained (about 1/3 cup anchovies)
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the wine to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a blender, puree the reduced wine, olive oil, anchovies, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and reheat over low heat. Pour into a warmed bowl.