Yield: 6-8 cups
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 large parsnips--peeled, skinny ends discarded and fat ends halved lengthwise
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 celery root, peeled and halved crosswise
- 2 purple or golden beets, peeled and halved
- Fine sea salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Using a mandoline or handheld slicer, slice the vegetables 1/16 inch thick.
- Place the vegetable slices on paper towels in a single layer; sprinkle with sea salt. Let stand for 15 minutes, then blot dry. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees . Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Working in batches, place vegetable slices in a single layer on the baking sheets. Bake until crisp, about 20 minutes; sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe the baking sheets clean. Repeat with more cooking spray and the remaining vegetable slices.