Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 25 mins to
Roast: 1 hr 30 mins to
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed into a paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons whole fennel seeds, lightly toasted adn coarsely ground
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin (4 lbs)
- 8 slices bacon
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, sage, fennel, crushed red pepper, 2 tsp. coarse salt and a generous pinch black pepper. Rub the mixture over the pork, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Let the pork sit at room temperature for about 1 hour. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees . Set a rack in a roasting pan and transfer the pork, fat side up, to the rack. Wrap the slices of bacon crosswise around the pork, overlapping slightly.
- Roast the pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 145 degrees , about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer to a carving board with a moat and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.