Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 thawed frozen or fresh waffles, cut into 3/4-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces thick-cut bacon (about 6 strips), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Toss the waffle chunks with the butter and spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. toast, turning once, until crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. in a medium bowl, reserve 2 tbsp. of the bacon fat. Without wiping out the skillet, increase the heat to medium-high. When the bacon fat is shimmering, add the eggs and fry to the desired doneness.
- Whisk the maple syrup and vinegar into the reserved bacon fat; season with salt and pepper. Toss with the spinach; divide between 2 plates. Top each with half of the bacon, half of the waffle croutons and 1 egg. Serve immeditely.