Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 3 pounds chicken wings, joints separated, tips discarded
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup rice flour
- 1/4cup store-bought sweet chili sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Let the chicken wings sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large, deep skillet with a lid, heat the oil until the temperature registers 300 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. Season the wings with the salt, then toss in the rice flour to coat. Add half of the wings to the oil, partially cover the pan and fry, turning occasionally with tongs, until golden-brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet; blot with the paper towels, then discard the towels. Keep the first batch of wings warm in the oven while you repeat the process with the remaining wings.
- In bowl, combine store-bought sweet chili sauce and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice. Toss wings in chili sauce mixture. Top with chopped cilantro; serve with lime wedges.