Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 40 mins
Bake: 40 mins
- 3 butter
- 3 flour
- 2 whole milk, warmed
- 1 1/2 shredded sharp white cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 ground pork
- 1 bok choy, white stems and green leaves chopped separately
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small lemon, zested
- 36 square wonton wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar; season.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat and add the pork; cook until done, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add bok choy stems and onion to the skillet; cook until tender. Stir in the pork, bok choy leaves and zest; season.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish and spread with 1/2 cup sauce. Layer the dish with 9 wrappers (dipped in warm water first), one-third of the meat, 1/2 cup sauce and another wonton layer. Repeat twice. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle remaining cheddar on top and bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool before cutting.