Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- Using a food processor, finely chop the onion.
- In a medium skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Transfer the onion to the pan (do not wash the food processor). Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer back to the food processor and pulse with the sour cream, lemon juice and paprika; season to taste with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to server.
- Top with poppy seeds, sesame seeds and dehydrated onions.
- Saute the onions until caramelized and add roasted garlic cloves before pureeing.
- Stir in chopped prepared horseradish to taste.
- Fold in chopped pitted kalamata and green olives and tarragon.
- Spoon in some canned chipotles in adobo sauce and mix well.
- Top with crispy toasted breadcrumbs and grated pecorino-romano.
- Add 1/2 bulb finely chopped or shaved fennel and 1/4 tsp. fennel seed to the onion in the skillet.
- Shake in some packaged ranch seasoning.
- Stir in chilled lump crabmeat and finely chopped celery; sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning.
- At the end, stir in a glug of ketchup and a dollop of sweet pickle relish.
- Defrost frozen chopped spinach and squeeze out excess moisture; add to the dip with chopped canned artichoke hearts.
- Omit the paprika; stir in smoked salmon, dill and capers.