Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 6 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- coarse salt
- 2/3 cup EVOO
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup salted toasted almonds
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated grana padano
- Cut each chicken breast in half on the diagonal, making each piece about the same weight. Season with salt, then rub with 2 tbsp. EVOO.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes, basil, almonds, garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt and the crushed red pepper for about 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl. With the machine on, pour in the remaining EVOO in a steady stream to emulsify.
- Preheat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet. Working in batchesif necessary to avoid overcrowding, add the chicken breasts and searuntil golden, a few minutes on each side (make sure not to overcook).
- Transfer the chicken pieces to plates and top with the pesto. Toserve, sprinkle the cheese on top.