Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 quart unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup honey (wildflower or clover)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 9 - 12 large gluten-free marshmallows, cut in half (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, cook the almond milk, cocoa and honey over medium heat, whisking constantly, until piping-hot, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla, if using.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs. Top with the halved marshmallows, if using.