Caramelizing onions until they're soft and sweet requires nothing more than a little patience. Keep them on hand in the fridge to...
1. BLEND with packaged onion soup mix and sour cream for a quick potato-chip dip.
2. STIR into risotto or mashed potatoes.
3. SPREAD under apples or pears before baking a pie.
4. TOSS with steamed green beans and slivered toasted almonds.
5. BAKE on top of crostini with brie for a quick appetizer.
6. ADD to beef stock with sherry for french onion soup.
Up Next: How to sauté an onion