Tito’s Handmade Vodka founder and master distiller Bert “Tito” Beveridge (yup, that’s his real last name… clearly he was born for this business) has endured a long road to success with a lot of sips of vodka along the way (he tests every single batch himself)! The native Texan started out as a geophysicist, worked on dynamite-blasting oil reserves, dabbled in sub-surface mapping and analyzing ground water, and even tried out mortgage banking before he found his true calling: vodka distilling. What began as a hobby (he used to make small batches for friends) has become his passion. Today, Tito’s is one of the fastest-selling and fastest-growing micro-distilleries on the market and was just named the exclusive vodka of United Airlines. We sat down with him (over a drink, of course) to find out more:
- If you could spend a weekend cooking with Rachael, what would you make? Asian vegetable stir fry with tofu. Chicken fried venison with cream gravy. Dove breasts sautéed with garlic. Redfish with lemon. Breakfast would be French toast one day and chip beef on toast the next.
- Drink of choice? Titos with sparkling mineral water, a squeeze of lime and a squeeze of orange.
- What cocktail trend are you most excited about right now? Fresh fruit muddled with Titos and seltzer water
- #1 guilty pleasure? Rum raisin ice cream
- Best gift you’ve ever received? Kids
- Best gift you’ve ever given? An Audi
- What would you want your last meal to be? (Calories don’t count!) Deluxe Mexican dinner at blanco cafe in San Antonio. It is a beef taco. A chalupa. Guacamole. 3 cheese enchiladas with beef sauce and onions. Rice and beans. Flour tortillas and a Big Red to drink.
- You have an afternoon completely free to do anything you want — what’s it going to be? Go fishing on a creek.
- What’s your #1 rule to live by? Try hard with a lot of love in your heart.
- What’s your go-to dish if you want to impress someone? Turkey
Visit titosvodka.com for more info.