There’s no better way to celebrate the beginning of summer than by sitting around a fire roasting marshmallows to toasty perfection and sandwiching them between crunchy graham crackers and gooey chocolate. But why stop with traditional s’mores when you can try all sorts of fun riffs on the campfire classic? From bars to brownies, try one of these s’mores alternatives after the fire’s been put out:
I have a confession. I’m a s’more-aholic. When I see my favorite bloggers post their version of a delicious recipe involving chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows, it’s almost a guaranteed instant pin. So after a few months, er, maybe years?, of collecting and trying out some of the most delicious eye candy on the web, I’d like to share some of my favorites with you.
These S’more Mini Dippers from Kevin & Amanda are an instant party hit—and so easy to make! Just whip them up, then leave them by your coffee station for some dipping and sipping!
Every girl knows there’s nothing better than the perfect sweet and salty combo. Solution: Pretzel S’more Bites from The Novice Chef.
I made these S’more Brownies from The Bakerella for a book club night (the book, The Interestings, was all about a group of friends who met at summer camp, so S’mores seemed like the natural fit for dessert). Hot out of the oven there were requests for seconds… and thirds… and absolutely no leftovers.
My other weakness: Red Velvet. Combine it with S’mores and you’ve got one great, over-the-top treat. Try these Gooey Red Velvet S’mores Bars from Sugarcrafter.
And last, but certainly not least, Jessica over at How Sweet It Is nails it with all of her recipes and these No Bake S’mores Cheesecakes are no exception. Seriously, try them.
Looking for more sweet eats? Try our Every Day with Rachael Ray twists on the classic S’more:
- Mocha S’more Squares
- S’more Lava Cakes
- Bonbon S’mores
- Grilled Gingerbread S’mores Cake
- Warm and Gooey S’mores Treat
There’s nothing like a gooey s’more to bring out the kid in all of us. It’s the campfire treat you can enjoy all year long, but August 10th is National S’mores Day, and in celebration, we’re rounding up the sweetest gear for your marshmallow roasting and sandwiching. Whether you like your ‘mallows burnt to a crisp or sans-graham cracker, this set up will have you craving s’more:
1. Not everyone can light a campfire, so turn to this tabletop S’mores maker, with compartments for all your treat components. It turns on with the easy switch of a button. $60, overstock.com
2. Whoever said there’s only one way to make a s’more never met Lisa Adams. In her cookbook “S’mores: Gourmet Treats for Every Occasion” she shares more than 60 recipes, replacing your standard graham cracker with delicious foods like apple slices, croissants and brownies. $14, barnesandnoble.com
3. Go gourmet and make your own marshmallows for roasting with the help of this easy DIY marshmallow mix. Follow the instructions then add your own twists with fun flavors like vanilla extract or colors like lavender. $13, surlatable.com
4. Traditionally, they may be kids-only, but this bottle is just-for-adults. Pour a glass of boozy s’more-flavored chocolate milk for a sweet dessert drink. $16, Adult Beverage Co. for locations
5. We love an ol’ fashioned Hershey bar on our snacks, but if you’re looking to spice up your creation add chocolate bar flavors like five spice, Mayan chile and peanut butter to your stack. $24 for 4 bars, PocoDolce.com
6. When you’re ready for dessert, there’s no time for hunting down twigs. Instead, use this handy marshmallow skewer over the flames! $20, Williams-Sonoma