Here at Every Day with Rachael Ray, we really love pizza. And since October is National Pizza Month, we really love October! Last year, we gave you five delicious pizza-inspired recipes that you could make during the week, and we’re back for a second year with new recipes to whet your whistle. So get ready for a week full of crust, sauce and cheese. And if that’s not enough for you, we’ve got dozens more recipes on our site.
Monday, October 5
Yep, you read that correctly! October is National Pizza Month, and not that we need an excuse to get our hands a little doughy, but we’ll take any reason we can get! Pizza can go way beyond just crust, sauce and cheese. Think: stuffed zucchini! Frittata! Sushi?! The options are endless, and that’s why this week, we’re giving you an entire weeknight meal planner dedicated to one of our favorite foods.
Monday, October 6th
Summer and hot dogs go hand in hand, so it’s only appropriate that today, in the heat of the season (pun intended), is National Hot Dog Day! Whether you like a straight-up ketchup-and-mustard classic, or you like to be more adventurous with your toppings and preparation, one of our 10 most popular hot dog recipes is sure to suit your fancy for franks. The best part? These recipes are so quick and easy, you’ll be able to make ‘em tonight for dinner before the sun goes down!
Yep, these little crustaceans have an entire day devoted just to them! Easy to prepare, quick to cook and great at absorbing almost any flavor, shrimp are great any day of the year. But on May 10th, make sure to celebrate shrimp and cook some up, one of these suggested ways:
Not so fast! Make sure you know how to de-vein a shrimp before you get cooking!
Besides being the ultimate movie theater munchie, popcorn is a great snack that provides a blank canvas for flavor combinations. Salty or sweet; spicy or cheesy; mixed with nuts or straight up; the possibilities are endless. While throwing a bag in the microwave and pressing that “popcorn” button is as easy as it gets, think outside the bag tomorrow, on National Popcorn Day, and whip up something delicious and impressive. We’ve compiled our top 5 most popular popcorn recipes that cover all your flavor combo bases, so you’re sure to find one that speaks to your taste buds. Happy snacking!
Did you know November is National Peanut Butter Lovers Month? Here’s a fast way to celebrate: PB & B Burritos, complete with crunchy peanut butter, bananas, yogurt and honey. It’s the perfect healthy snack to make you feel like a kid again.
Watch our step-by-step video on how to make these sweet and crunchy treats here.
There’s no such thing as an easier or more satisfying snack than trial mix. Which is why we’re so excited to celebrate our favorite on-the-go goodie for National Trail Mix Day by sharing our most popular mixes.
Get more snack recipes!
Toasted marshmallows are a cookout staple. The cripsy, browned outside and suuuper ooey gooey inside is irresistible in the summertime. And guess what: You don’t have to have a roaring fire to achieve this summer treat! No campfire? No problem! We’ve shared our favorite ‘mallow desserts for you to cook up in honor of National Toasted Marshmallow Day. Be prepared to get your hands a little sticky!
Get S’more marshmallow ideas:
I have a confession. I’m a s’more-aholic. When I see my favorite bloggers post their version of a delicious recipe involving chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows, it’s almost a guaranteed instant pin. So after a few months, er, maybe years?, of collecting and trying out some of the most delicious eye candy on the web, I’d like to share some of my favorites with you.
These S’more Mini Dippers from Kevin & Amanda are an instant party hit—and so easy to make! Just whip them up, then leave them by your coffee station for some dipping and sipping!
Every girl knows there’s nothing better than the perfect sweet and salty combo. Solution: Pretzel S’more Bites from The Novice Chef.
I made these S’more Brownies from The Bakerella for a book club night (the book, The Interestings, was all about a group of friends who met at summer camp, so S’mores seemed like the natural fit for dessert). Hot out of the oven there were requests for seconds… and thirds… and absolutely no leftovers.
My other weakness: Red Velvet. Combine it with S’mores and you’ve got one great, over-the-top treat. Try these Gooey Red Velvet S’mores Bars from Sugarcrafter.
And last, but certainly not least, Jessica over at How Sweet It Is nails it with all of her recipes and these No Bake S’mores Cheesecakes are no exception. Seriously, try them.
Looking for more sweet eats? Try our Every Day with Rachael Ray twists on the classic S’more:
- Mocha S’more Squares
- S’more Lava Cakes
- Bonbon S’mores
- Grilled Gingerbread S’mores Cake
- Warm and Gooey S’mores Treat
There’s nothing like a gooey s’more to bring out the kid in all of us. It’s the campfire treat you can enjoy all year long, but August 10th is National S’mores Day, and in celebration, we’re rounding up the sweetest gear for your marshmallow roasting and sandwiching. Whether you like your ‘mallows burnt to a crisp or sans-graham cracker, this set up will have you craving s’more:
1. Not everyone can light a campfire, so turn to this tabletop S’mores maker, with compartments for all your treat components. It turns on with the easy switch of a button. $60, overstock.com
2. Whoever said there’s only one way to make a s’more never met Lisa Adams. In her cookbook “S’mores: Gourmet Treats for Every Occasion” she shares more than 60 recipes, replacing your standard graham cracker with delicious foods like apple slices, croissants and brownies. $14, barnesandnoble.com
3. Go gourmet and make your own marshmallows for roasting with the help of this easy DIY marshmallow mix. Follow the instructions then add your own twists with fun flavors like vanilla extract or colors like lavender. $13, surlatable.com
4. Traditionally, they may be kids-only, but this bottle is just-for-adults. Pour a glass of boozy s’more-flavored chocolate milk for a sweet dessert drink. $16, Adult Beverage Co. for locations
5. We love an ol’ fashioned Hershey bar on our snacks, but if you’re looking to spice up your creation add chocolate bar flavors like five spice, Mayan chile and peanut butter to your stack. $24 for 4 bars, PocoDolce.com
6. When you’re ready for dessert, there’s no time for hunting down twigs. Instead, use this handy marshmallow skewer over the flames! $20, Williams-Sonoma