Merry Christmas! For our final cookie recipe for the #RRCookiecCountdown, we’re sharing a spicy, sweet sandwich cookie that’s sure to impress any guest, family member or even Santa himself! Be sure to check out all of our Cookie Countdown recipes and have a happy holiday!
Ginger & Marmalade Sandwich Cookies
2 sticks butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
1. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium until pale and fluffy, 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl. Beat in the yolks and vanilla until just combined.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, ginger and salt, then combine with the butter mixture on low speed until just incorporated. Mix in the crystallized ginger.
3. Halve the dough, form into 1.5-inch-diameter long logs, tightly wrap in parchment paper and chill 2 hours.
4. Trim off the ends, then slice the logs into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Transfer cookies to cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until golden, 17 to 20 minutes. Cool cookies on racks.
6. Spread half of the cookies with 1 tsp. orange marmalade each. Top with the remaining cookies. Drizzle with melted chocolate.