Summer internships can be boring and brutal. However, lucky for me, being the only editorial intern for Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine, my summer was filled with surprises. Here are some of my favorite moments:
1. The Pillsbury Dough Boy taking over the office. Who knew he could fit in so easily?
2. Getting the wonderful opportunity to help out in the test kitchen. I might be cutting a package of meat over a stove, but at Every Day with Rachael Ray, anything is possible.
3. Attending a food photo shoot on my last day at the office.
4. Seeing my byline for the first time on the website. Nothing is more satisfying than realizing that what you wrote, or the work you did, is seen nationwide.
5. Meeting a staff that invited me and welcomed me into their family starting from Day 1. It did not matter which department I was working with or which of the five desks I got to take over, I received support and encouragement every single day.
My parting gift from Editorial Assistant, Morgan Gibson, before leaving.
The list doesn’t end here. From representing the magazine at press events, to attending taste tests, I could not be more grateful and appreciative for my experience at Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine. Who knows, for the girl who had to be convinced by Lauren Purcell, Editor-in-Chief, to do an editorial internship, it just might be the thing for me.