You can always swap in boneless chicken tenders for the wings, if you want to make it easier on guests.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- Half 12-ounce can sliced pickled jalapeno chiles, juice reserved
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings (about 36), tips discarded
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees . Using a food processor, finely chop the jalapenos. Add the jalapeno juice and puree until nearly smooth. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Fill a large, deep skillet or heavy pot with enough oil to reach a depth of 1 inch. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it registers 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper, then coat with the flour, shaking off any excess. Working in batches, carefully add the floured wings to the hot oil and cook, turning with a slotted spoon, until golden-brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain; keep warm in the oven. Toss the warm wings in the jalapeno puree before serving.