Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 granny smith apple--peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups leftover cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 cup leftover stuffing
- 1 32 ounce container (4 cups) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the apple and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in the sweet potatoes and stuffing and cook to heat through. Add the broth and bring to a boil; season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Using a food processor or immersion blender, puree the mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt and cranberry sauce. To serve, dollop the soup with the cranberry cream.