Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green portions thinly sliced separately
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 32 ounce container (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large baking potato (12 to 14 ounces), peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the scallion whites, bell pepper and curry powder and cook, stirring, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, cauliflower and potato and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, partially cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and chickpeas and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the scallion greens and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the yogurt just before serving.
- Pair with: Cono Sur Viognier 2006 (Chile)
- Find Indian naan bread in the supermarket bakery section and serve it with the soup.