Serve with crusty bread.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 baking potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 32 ounce container (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat (from 1/2 rotisserie chicken)
- 1 10 ounce bag frozen green beans
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and cook for 2 minutes. Add the potato and chicken broth and bring to a boil; lower the heat and simmer until the potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, chicken and green beans and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the sour cream.
- Mud House Pinot Noir 2006 (New Zealand), SoloRosa Rose Napa Valley 2007 (California)
- Stretch leftovers by adding cooked rice or your favorite canned beans.