Sauces are a goodbet with all chicken parts,but the nooks and cranniesof chicken wings let thesauce collect in pocketsand caramelize duringgrilling, adding anotherlayer of texture and flavor.Many sauces tend to behigh in sugar, which burnseasily, so brush on thesauce during the last10 minutes of grilling. Toglaze 3 pounds of wings,about 1 1/4 cups sauce shoulddoreserve a separatebatch for dipping to avoidcross-contamination.
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- A generous pinch celery salt
- Stir together 1 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon each yellow mustard and poultry seasoning and a generous pinch celery salt.