Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bosc pearspeeled, cored, quartered
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup dried currants or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Grease a rimmed baking sheet. In a bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp. brown sugar, the lemon juice and cinnamon. Add the pears; toss until coated. Arrange the pears on the baking sheet; roast until tender, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the remaining ingredients and 5 tbsp. brown sugar to a boil; simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir the pears into the bowl and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.