Marinadesturn out gentle, pleasantresults, a good match forthe mild flavor of breastmeat. The seasoning processhappens slowly, so allowat least an hour (and up toeight) for the marinade tosoak in. Plan on using 2 cupsmarinade for every 4 breasthalves. Include an acidicingredient like vinegar, citrusjuice or wine for flavor andto tenderize the meat, and ateaspoon or two of oil to helpkeep the chicken moist.
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 1/2cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4cup jalapeno hot pepper sauce (preferably green Tabasco)
- 1/4cup distilled or cider vinegar
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix together 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, 1/4 cup jalapeno hot pepper sauce (preferably green Tabasco), 1/4 cup distilled or cider vinegar, 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon salt.