Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and 1/3 cup of the sugar. Add the cream and mix with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- With lightly floured hands, form the dough into a ball and knead against the bowl until thoroughly combined and evenly moist.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. With a floured rolling pin, roll out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter or small glass, cut out the biscuits. Gather the scraps, roll them out and cut out the remaining biscuits. Place the biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased, parchment-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and bake until the tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes.