Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 2 8 ounce packages sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Place the mushrooms in a 2-quart pie pan. In a medium bowl, combine the beef broth and flour; microwave at low power until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and cayenne; season with salt. Immediately pour the sauce over the mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Sprinkle on top of the mushrooms, top with the butter and bake until browned, about 45 minutes.