Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 hr
- 3 pounds small turnips, peeled and halved
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 2 8 ounceheads fennel, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large bowl, toss the turnips, carrots, parsnips and fennel with the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Divide the vegetables between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast, turning occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden-brown, about 5 minutes; stir in the sage and season with salt and pepper. Add to the vegetables and toss to coat.