Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Scoop balls of flesh from the center of the zucchini to create boats (see tip for help); reserve the flesh balls. Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Heat 1 tbsp. EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO, the eggplant and zucchini balls; cover and cook for 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, until the mixture is thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the zucchini shells with the ratatouille, sprinkle with the cheese and grill, covered, over medium-high until the cheese is melted and the shells are slightly softened.
- Make zucchini boats in a flash by scooping out the seeds and a bit of flesh from the center for a hollowed-out shell that can be stuffed and grilled or baked in the oven.